To create opportunities for adults with physical and/or cognitive challenges so that they can participate fully as valued members of the community and enjoy a meaningful and dignified quality of life.
DANI was created in 2006 by parents of children with disabilities. Co-founded by Susie Sokol and Kathy Laszlo, it started as a parent to parent advocacy group and became an incorporated, registered charity.
1. DANI is a parent driven organization.
2. DANI is dedicated to serving individuals with disabilities and / or their families/ caregivers.
3. DANI strives to enhance the skills and knowledge of adults with challenges.
4.DANI will establish and maintain partnership and strategic alliances with like minded organizations.
5. Inclusion and integration in the community will be pursued whenever possible. DANI believes that these actions benefit the adults as well as the community.
6. DANI resolves to create awareness in the community of our adults through training and advocacy. DANI will offer means and methods of inclusion and integration.
7. Adults with disabilities will have a voice, to the extent possible, in advocating for their own future. Family members/ caregivers will be actively involved as well.
8. Kashrut, Shabbat and holidays will be fully observed.